Monday, August 19, 2013

Marketing Is A Team Sport!

Foul!

I want to start today's post off by saying:
The Hip-Hop Marketer and I have an array of services for the home, home office and businesses including: HOME SECURITY!!!!

A few weeks ago a family member purchased a home security system from some 'ol random local security company instead of ordering through us.  (Where's the ref with that whistle when you need him.) This individual claims that he didn't know we offered this service, and actually went as far as blaming it on us for not advertising or promoting our services better.   Oh, how convenient!   Blame the victim, why don't you.  Shame on you!!!!!


A Moment to Reflect

At first, I was unaffected by his purchase.  Then I thought about it, (Is he crazy??) and I had to call him up.  We talked for awhile, and eventually I had to concede.  At the end of the day, if he didn't know--he didn't know.   However, I made a request of him to check out our company to compare rates and features, not because I want him to switch (yeah right!)--but be informed.


A Loss For the Team

I'm happy to have had this experience because I've learned a valuable lesson, and an old lesson at that--never assume.   In my opinion, Internet Marketing and Network Marketing is all about sharing useful information, and I haven't been doing enough to share information with those around me regarding the great products, services and opportunities that the Hip-Hop Marketer and I have to offer.  We mustn't take for granted that anyone, especially family, knows what we have.   And he should've learned a lesson as well.  The next time he wants to buy something/anything.... he needs to call me first!!!

5 comments:

  1. That was a great story, but you are right we can not assume everyone knows about our products unless we constantly remind them. Great start. I can be found at www.pay2click.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog Mr. Michael Belk. This experience was a wake up call, and now I am ready. I look forward to checking out your page. Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this article is very true and eye opening! I completely agree, you must constantly notify and make known that you are a business with services and products. Also that you will be extremely upset with them for buying elsewhere ;-) Great article, much success #TopStudent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems there might be a thin line between notifying and being an annoyance. What do you think? I certainly want to make my offers known, but I don't want anyone thinking that every time I call I'm trying to sell them something. We've got the help the community and family understand the benefit in buying from one another....Network Marketing is the new Cooperative Economics???

    ReplyDelete