Thursday, June 6, 2013

Why?

I love to shop.  Not too many things make me happier than to go to the mall and shop the girls department for dresses and accessories for my beautiful little girls or the shoe department at my favorite department store for yours truly.  And I could just get lost in any home improvement store.  My problem now is... I don't have any money.  I recently asked my big brother, +Bernard Jackson Jr  , for some cash and instead of giving me money, he gave me some advice.  (Thanks a lot!)  He told me to get involved in Network/Internet Marketing.  My other problem is... been there, done that! 


Some History

I tried marketing before, he must've forgot.  Back in 2007, hubby and I saw an ad for one of those make-money-from-home businesses dealing with surveys, paid studies and affiliate marketing.  It seemed perfect!  I can type.  I've always had a knack for computers.  I love to surf the web, and knew how to post links and pictures. Plus, as an at-home mom/homeschooler this was the opportunity I was looking for...until week 2.  I quit, and quite abruptly I might add.  It was terrible.  Hubby called me a "punk", and my brother was labeling me a "quitter."
As time goes on, hubby starts marketing to prove a point of perseverance.  But I didn't get it, shaking my head, watching him struggle to figure out how to turn the computer on.  He knew the concept of marketing and had lots of experience in offline marketing/promotion with a background in the music industry, but he hated computers.  He and my brother started after me and now use their marketing skills to pay bills.  Hubby interacts with top bloggers like, +Ti Roberts  and +Terrance Charles , and is known as The Hip Hop Marketer +Emperor NervRakrZ .  My big bro, +Bernard Jackson Jr , is passionate about, "being your own boss," just launched his clothing line, R.I.C.H.  


The Irony

But back to my dilemma, I have to go back to marketing?   This marriage didn't work the first time.  I just want to shop.  I could care less about copy, conversion rates and the rest of that stuff, but I gotta do it (smh).  Where do I start?  I feel so estranged.  They say, I am starting here blogging (which isn't so bad).  What's next?  They say, setting up the auto-responders (yippee, yeah, sounds like fun...Not!)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, this is just Great! Your going to be such a great Marketer, you have all the tools!! You love to talk, you love to talk about cooking, shopping, and there's millions of women online who do just that! Wait till the blogging community gets a load of the new girl on the blog... #ShopingTime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, very funny and entertaining. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate that. How's the shirt line coming along?

      Delete